These are some one-off volunteering opportunities which might suit people who don't have time for regular volunteering. We will be holding this year's dog show on Saturday 9th July as part of the festivities in the week of the Great Shelford Feast.
We need to recruit:
- "Runners" to take class entry details from the registration desk to the judges.
- Registration desk volunteers to take entry money and book dogs and handlers into the right classes.
- Helpers to set up and take down the show arena and stands.
- Rosette clerk to see that the judges have the correct rosettes and other prizes to hand.
- Before the day we need people to help with publicity: making and distributing posters etc. to local vets and other places where dog owners are to be found.
- Helpers to run stalls, tombola etc. and generally brandish collection boxes at people.
- Anyone with a large car or other vehicle suitable for transporting tables from Cambridge.